Hamas Islamic Resistance Movement
In light of claims that PLO executive committee has commissioned Azzam al-Ahmad to make consultations on forming a new government that would replace the national consensus government to be dismissed, Hamas stresses the following:
1. The PLO executive committee is not pertinent to the government’s formation. Consequently, it is required that the provisional leading frame be called to follow up all files of reconciliation.
2. Hamas calls upon the Palestinian factions that signed the Cairo agreement to initiate a comprehensive dialogue in order to fully implement reconciliation agreements and its different files, mainly the formation of a national unity government.
3. In accordance with what has been agreed upon in the reconciliation agreement, the new government to be formed must be a caretaker government, and not committed to a political program.
4. Before it tends to its tasks, the new government must obtain the vote of confidence from the Palestinian Legislative Council “PLC”.
5. The new government must settle the file of Gaza staff immediately with no preconditions.
The Islamic Resistance Movement- Hamas
June 27, 2015